Windows 2000 MCSA / MCSE upgrade to Windows 2003

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Phil, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Well I got fed up with nagging work to get me the study guide for 70-292 & 70-296 this weekend and decided to start the ball rolling with online resources until it turns up, I came across 3 crackers

The first chapter from Minasi's Mastering Windows 2003 Server for free download here. This chapter gives an overview of the differences between 2k / 2k3 and tells you abot the new bits, well worth reading even if you're not studying for 2k3. Also If you've never come across Mark Minasi's Mastering Windows NT/2000/2003 books I can't recommend them highly enough, they're a great read and valuable resource.

Secondly and possibly the most useful of all, the index of technical articles on Windows 2003 Server here. If you can't find an article or white paper on 2003 here then I doubt you'll find it anywhere.

Lastly an article on Cnet asia titled Get ready for Windows 2003 certification: Top 10 study topics. It has a lot of useful links most of which go back to the technical articles I just listed but the article helps to focus on an area and point you to relevant info without having to trawl the whole index.

Just thought I'd share in case anybody else was perhaps in the same boat :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

How about this one: http://www.bookpool.com/.x/idjf58vuz8/ss/1?qs=0735619719 Orin Thomas is associated with another forum (yes, there's more than just certforums) I visit regularly.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Yes, that's the book I have been nagging for, I saw Orin's name and wondered if it was the same Guy from the "other" place :) It was a post on there that originally bought me here, I recognise a lot of names from there on Certforums (Yourself included Trip) though I've only been lurking for a very long time and havent been back for a while so nobody'd know me :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Another cross-pollinating forums person. Actually, I belong to a total of six or seven forums but visit only three regularly. This one, the "other" one that we have in common, and a security forum. I also occasionally visit a wi-fi forum and two linux forums. Anymore, and my family would revolt...They say I'm on the computer too much already (But honey...it's what I do). :wink:

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

And who wants a revolting family ? :fart

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

:lol: LOL@Gav

7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Phil - Thanks for the links.

I am slowly building a library of W2K03 stuff for next years upgrade. Orins book is on my Christmas list....