Why is it

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Oh - and before another attrition of words springs forth - let me get any apologies out in advance.

a) I am a 'noob' and to me this isn't offensive. If, like others, do find it offensive then 1) I apologise, and 2) ask those to find another word to replace it.

b) As I'm using the quick reply (so I can still see what the previous replies are) the lack of smileys mite not get my funnier comments accross (if I have such comments and if people find them amusing).

There done.

Lets get back to the main thread anyway, lol

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Maybe it is just me but if you type in google Why does my BMW sometimes start straight away and sometimes does not the key seems to turn too much.

You will actually find the info about this issue.

You can also type Is the MCSE for me what experience do I need

You will also get the answer and link to the MS website.

I havent found the MIcrosoft site confusing in anyway but maybe thats me.

EDIT: but then again its actually easier to ask than to research yourself.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. greenbrucelee

You have put some good points across since you joined don't be scared to post what you want. Everyone was a noob once, there are worse things people could call each other you could take out the one of the Os in noob then everyone could be one :) People have called me it, but do I care? No.

4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

On my one TP course, there was a guy on there whose wife had bought him the course as an early Christmas present, to try to kick-start him into IT. The guy didn't even know what Google was, GBL... seriously. He left after 2 or 3 days.

You're OK (and so are some of the rest of us) because you know how to Google; there are people out there who struggle. They see someone like a TP (who may advertise on the TV) offering wonderous delights of MCSE and CCNA... oh, and £37k a year when you've finished your training with them; all for a paltry £5k up front. That is why people get sucked in... and regulation (what regualtion?) sucks.

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Google is a good starting point for finding things out but like Giddy said about Microsoft website it's a mindfield of information and unless you know how to word the question correctly you can be bombarded with a ton of useless information. :(

Again it comes back to mis - information and too much information on google and the cert world!8)

If someone types MCSE in google they are bombarded with links on MCSE courses, jobs etc.
    But maybe they only wanted to know what MCSE stood for or what the definition is. In which case I would word the question like so "What is MCSE?" Then you do get a link from wikki!

But can you see my point? It's knowing how to ask the right question and in the correct way to get the information you want! 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. greenbrucelee

It must be me then. I only got a PC 3 months before joining CF although I have used them since I was 16, I last owned one in 97. I went on a console trip for a few years:p

But I knew what google was (maybe I watch too much TV) and I knew that anything and everything is available on the internet through search engines like google. You don't really have to be exact in your wording if you are prepared to search but being exact cuts down the searching more quickly.

There's this lad I work with and his breath stinks so I type why does Mikes breath stink and it came up with halatosis :D

My Mum wouldn't be able to do it but then again she can't get the sky+ to record :blink

I have always taken to things like that quickly, I could set the video recorded to record a weeks worth a programs when I was 7.

But I do see your points UCM and GiddyG.

7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Yeah... but you're a smart arse... :twisted::biggrin

I used to work with a lad (older bloke really) who used to tell me about how he an his wife were having problems conceiving... honestly... on a station platform, loud as anything. Sheesh I wish we'd have had Google then...

As I said... smart arse... :D

As you should... I have almost as many posts as you, and I demand to be heard! 8)

8. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

I might just concur here - I think the main reason I found Microsoft's website confusing is that I wasn't 100% sure where I was aiming my career.

BUT - I also concur.....maybe you are a smart arse :D ....hey, but I like you....lol

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+
  9. greenbrucelee

lol :) nah I am no smart arse, i'm just better than everyone else :twisted:

Maybe I take in info and stuff better than some people I don't know, but I do know there are people on here who are way way smarter than me.

And here is an interesting fact, when I was put into care at 16 months old social service determined that I would have to go to a special school and told my foster parents never to expect me to finish school go to college or university. I suppose that sort of made me wanna prove them wrong.

I have never been clever by tech stuff comes easy to me, it always has.