1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

While you are looking for IT job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by IT2009, Jan 6, 2010.

1. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

If your job search takes ages what are your alternative jobs?
    Looks like recession is going to stay on the way - it is good to have ideas.

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I'm currently teaching Accounting & Finance to foreign language students :ohmy:p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. BDB2008

BDB2008 Bit Poster

I'm looking after my son and with searching job sites inbetween it's a fulltime job in itself!

Certifications: Life Experiance count?
    WIP: MCSA MCSDT MCSE CCNA
  4. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

It's not necessarily a job but I do a bit of day trading whilst at work, something i'd get a bit more involved in if I ever got canned. With the way the markets are at the moment there is big money to be made.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I have experience in cheffing around Mayfair in the hotels, and some other places so that's what I would go back too I suppose.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

I have a fulltime job that stinks but I need the money so I'm stuck with it :( I have been looking for IT roles but finding a break through is always a ***** I've Just passed the N+ exam and now studying for MCDST but its hard to work FT & self study
    Good luck with the search .. :peace

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  7. miflandia

miflandia Byte Poster

I am a lorry driver. Full time.
    And i doing this for 4years now.
    Somehow i have to make this change this year because my cv looks bad enough, already. The last 3 jobs, HGV driver. I am really afraid, this going to make any career change nearly impossible. I could make up extra role-s, responsibilities but that does not do any difference. So that is a tricky one.....:hhhmmm:cussing:sick

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

If the bottom totally fell out of IT, I'm a qulified Spray Painter and Mechanic for the motor trade so would reluctantly go back to that I suppose.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-294