Which one is better T*g or Transcender

Discussion in 'A+' started by wiso2008, Oct 22, 2007.

1. wiso2008

wiso2008 New Member

Just wanted to know which company would be better to get there study guides from either trancender or T*g...Who you guys think is better.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, Transcender is a legitimate test preparation tool... the other is a braindump that consists of test questions found on the live exam. Which one do you think we're going to say is better, the one that prepares you legitimately, or the one that enables you to cheat your way through the exam? :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

T*g are a well known braindump company. Using braindumps is cheating and also could lead to you being stripped of any certifications. Not a good idea.

Transcender on the other hand are highly recommended and are a good way to check if you are ready for an exam or not.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

I know T*g have been faced legal action recently over using actual questions therefore,
    Transcender seems to be the best bet.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sorry, guys. CF doesn't even tolerate the mention of the names of braindumps on the site, which is why I edited your posts accordingly. Michael has enough experience on half a dozen forums or so to know not to include the actual name in his narrative. We all live an learn. Thanks. :)

BTW wiso2008, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that your question was completely innocent and you had no idea that the company you mentioned was an unethical braindump. Unfortunately, spammers sometimes introduce their spam as "innocent" question on forums such as ours. Braindump spammers are banned permanently from our forum. Just a word to the wise.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. wiso2008

wiso2008 New Member

Sorry Guys i'm new to this site..I was not aware of this...Just wanted to know what would be good tools
    to get me ready for A + essentials and IT technitian test...If you guys want to add anything please let me
    your suggestions.

Thanks

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I highly recommend Mike Meyers' A+ All-in-One Exam Guide and Tripwire's PC Technician Street Smarts.

If you get practice exams, get them from a legitimate site. If you want to know whether a vendor is legit or not, search here.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I used Transcender for the A+ Essentials and IT Technician and found them very good. They're easy to use, have good questions and point out your weak areas so you can improve. I'd recommend them for your prep!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Being duped by a braindump site is an easy trap to fall into as many of them look entirely legitimate. I get the impression that MS aren't that bothered as they have a fearsome reputation for legal action in many other areas, but these sites seem to be able to go un-challenged in many cases.

As for help on how to go about studying for the A+. You would be very well served by spending a few hours looking through the A+ forum here on CF (especially the pinned threads).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada