Which ISP are you with?

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by Boycie, Jul 9, 2006.

1. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I would suggest that the Easynet group covers more than cities.

As of about a month ago they had got to 380 exchanges unbundled, and they are aiming for another 300 by year end.

My sources indicate that my local exchange should be done before then - and I'm not in a city! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Really? Thats impressive - I thought they only covered major metropolitan areas.

Nice to see the dominance of a few major players being broken - although that can often introduce problems in and of itself - just ask all the people in remote areas who suffered for years at the hands of the 'baby bells' created when AT&T was broken up in the US in the eighties!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

nothing against BT (i only have good to say about them) but it doesn't do anyone any favours for a monopoly on anything. If you ever come to Cardiff use our Bus service and you will know what i mean. :biggrin

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT