Which Course to start with??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by SSibbert, Jun 11, 2006.

1. SSibbert

SSibbert New Member

Hi,
    Im looking to take one fo the Microsoft Certifications but im not sure which one would actually benifit me.

Im a recent graduate with skills in Java, C++, Delphi, Pascal, NASM, and alll the rest. (Apart from C# but im looking into that).

I know the basics as i have been a Microsoft Student Partner but what i really want to know is..am i paying to learn something or for the piece of paper? Do i do MCAD or go straight for the MCSD?

So please could anyone who has done the courses tell me a bit more about the level of detail of the courses and what sort of things are covered in them.

Many Thanks

Sam Sibbert

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Did a quick look on the MS website.

To tell the truth, both certs have alot in common (they both have modules that make them both up)

Check here for the MCAD qual and here for the MCSD qual.

If you do want to go down the programming/development route I would suggest get both of them. See which ones are common to both do those modules first, then get the full MS cert by topping them up to the MCAD/MCSD.

Word of advise first, Microsoft certs/quals are professional qualifications and just like the MCSE/MCSA you do need a greater understanding and experience with the products. Apart from that, I hope that you achieve your certification. Good luck.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security