Where did you meet

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Nov 1, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

How/where did you meet your partner?

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well, I came home from work tonight, around 6.15pm, and she was just right there on the setee, watching TV, as always .... why ? :scratch

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

A cracker Jak. ROTFLMAO. Sorry flex. :oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

One day my mother went for a trip on a boat in Cairns (Oz) and met a nice swiss girl and thought, 'hmmmm, my son needs a girlfriend and this one looks just right'. She said to the girl that when she came to the other side of Oz to look her up and she would have a place to stay. About a month later she rings up and says she is there and so on blah blah blah. She asked if she could stay for a couple of days and my mum ooohed and aaahed about it, meanwhile my brother and I were saying yes, yes tell her she can stay.

So mum caved in and said yes, just another one for a full house, and then she said 'oh I also have a friend with me, is it ok if she comes too'. Bro and I just grinned.

So, the next day I went to work as normal, came home, went out into the back garden and there they were, sitting next to the pool. I was introduced to the 'cracker' first, and she was. She had great assets but I was rather distracted by her friend, which goes to show looks aren't everything.

Oh, ended up marrying her too. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Jak, you mean you got home and the misssusis was still up.What a lightweight:!: :morebeer
    Lol nugg, I'm like a boomerang, just fly straight back at ya :lolbang

Thanks for sharing the story nugget.

6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I met my good lady back in 1983 when we were "introduced" to each other by a mutual friend whilst at college. When we had finished college I got a job in London, so I was trying to hold down a job and a long distance relationship.

After 18 months I got fed up of London and moved to Northampton. We got engaged in 1986 and married in 1987.

So there you have it :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

ya know AJ, i was like, 1 in 1983

*ducks*

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well I met my better half almost a year ago (8th Nov 2003 to be exact) on a saturday morning. I woke up and was still rather tired but decided to watch TV in the lounge. as I was dozing off, the doorbell went, I'm thinking 'it's 11am in the morning, who is ringing the bell at this time?' so I ignored it, but it rang again, so I went down to answer it (bearing in mind boys I am just in my boxers :oops: ) and I could see thru the glass 2 kids and 2 ladies. anyway I opened the door and it was my flatmates sister with her two kids and her friend Louisa. they asked if Stefan was awake, I said he's still in bed but you may aswell come in. anyway to cut a long story short, I flirted like mad with Lou and there times she got very red in the face it was a picture and a half. the next night I was out clubbing and bumped into her friend and asked how Lou was and she said she liked me, I said I like her too...so I gave her my number to give to Lou and here we are a year later. I wouldnt have guessed we would be together this long. so I am going to propose to her on her birthday next month (it was either the anniversary, her birthday or Xmas) I did go for Xmas but now it'll be her birthday instead. so there you have it boys. :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

:tongue @ Phoenix lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I met me lass at work. We both started on the same day. I fancied nailing a few lasses there but ended up with her and 5 years on I'm still with her...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  11. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

I was like 2 more than phoenix in 1983!! lol. Neways back to the story, I had gone to the nearest computer dealer in 2001 n fell in love with this particular 1...... after flirting with each other for a while I finally decided to get her home n to cut a long story short, I'm sitting in front of her rite now n using her to post on this forum.

ne guesses abt who's she???:blink

my partner is this big fat PC sitting in front of me:eek: lol
    will let ya know when i finally settle with a real one. for now this 1 is better than a real 1. lol

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I will have to agree with you there Bull...my partner calls my PC the Relationship Wrecker :eek: :hahaha now theres a shock to the system...I cant help if the PC is getting more attention lately...I have been doing alot of things on her that cant wait but Lou never understands...yes its not fair on her but I do make up for it at times...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life