whats the scoring range for microsoft tests?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by eeps24, Sep 24, 2005.

1. eeps24

eeps24 Bit Poster

for the MCSE track, are they all the same or do they all differ? whats passing, whats max?

............sorry i shouldve put this in the general

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi eeps, there is no way of knowing what the scoring range is. The exams themselves vary quite a bit, for example I took 70-216 twice (failed the first time) and the second time it was much shorter and totally different questions. I have heard others say that they got scores of over 1000 on some exams and I didn't know that was possible but it is.

So, we don't know how many questions we are going to be faced with and we don't know what a perfect score is, all we hope for is to pass :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Safe to say between zero and 2000. Personally, I find the score irrelevant as each exam is unique the word PASS is the thing. When doing my exams Microsoft were scoring exams with a pass or fail and IMHO that was far better.

4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

M$ exams don't care if you pass by 1 point or get every question right.

Seriously, allyou should worry about is the word PASS after you take your exam. I know a lot of practice exam companys use numerical scores to evaluate your level.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. eeps24

eeps24 Bit Poster

i thought they all had like 100 questions and they base it on that

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

No eeps, they have varying amounts of questions, in my experience somewhere between 45 and 65.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)