1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do next?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jayjay, Apr 2, 2010.

1. jayjay

jayjay New Member

Hey Guys and Girls.

Im 22 yrs old.

Last year i was working as a desktop support techn. This year i'm a database administrator/cleark/cleanser as a contractor. I have tried for the last 3 years for a perm job!

I want to do my MYSQL training and i'm not the home learning type. I learn better with a teacher/pract learning, plus you get the extra off the book training.

This is the link i was looking at...

http://www.stayahead.com/training-c...rses/Introduction-to-MySQL-Outline--MYSI.html

Now do i spend tons of cash on these courses, step by step? I don't want to find out that i don't have enough experience after the courses when applying for a job and plus this costs so much!

Also is this the correct route of course?

Not sure where to start really...

Any help would be good

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

For just over £895, as quoted on their website for 3 days, you could do the first year of a HNC. Which can include a module on DB's and it would contribute to a degree. That's my opinion on the price.

I take it that you want to become a DBA, instead of tech support? If that's the case, that is one route.

My advice is to contact your local college/Uni and see what courses they do first of all. You may find a better/cheaper course more suited to you. If not, this company will still be there for your training.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. jayjay

jayjay New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I enjoy both support and DB work.

Jason