What order?!?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by darrenwis, Feb 24, 2009.

1. darrenwis

darrenwis Bit Poster

Hi,

I have just started studying for my A+ and have a bit of computer knowledge through my degree.

However, what I'm wanting to know if it is possible to do the A+ and N+ together without getting too confused or doing the A+ and the MCDST at the same time.

OR lastly,

Should i not be so determined and just to 1 at a time :biggrin

Thanks,
    Darren

Certifications: BSc (hons)
    WIP: A+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

My advice would be to attempt one at a time. If you try and study for too many different exams at the same time then you'll most likely get confused.

IMO it's better to concentrate on one at a time. If you're well up on what's needed for a particular exam then you'll pass it faster anyway (enabling you to start studying for another), so there's no real benefit to multitasking.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree with Qs, study one at a time, the natural progression would be A+, Network+ and then the MCDST. The Network+ follows on from where the A+ stops.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I agree, one exam at a time is more than enough.

I believe the N+ is changing later this year so any study materials you buy for it now will probably be out of date by the time you're ready to take the exams, unless you're experienced enough to pass the A+ very soon.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

Yup, what all the people above said.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662