1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is St. David's Day?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Feb 28, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I noticed this on the CertForums calendar for March 1st (for Wales anyway) and was wondering what the holiday was about. I've never heard of it before.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

erm.... Its a day..... for st david????????

st david is the patron saint of Wales, and thats about all i know:

http://www.sucs.org/~rhys/stdavid.html

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. rowley73

rowley73 Bit Poster

Unfortunately for us Welsh it's not a holiday. Nobody gets a day of work for it, but my daughter gets to dress up in traditional dress for a day. Sadly we dont celebrate it as the Irish celebrate St. Patricks day.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Thanks. Please pardon my ignorance. :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

's ok trip. dont ask, dont know! I'm firmly of the opinion that if you dont ask, then you are basically a fool. after all, you cant learn otherwise. its the same with being given a task at work, even if they have told you how to do it a dozen times, if you need to ask again, then ask!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. EMacd

EMacd Bit Poster

I have to agree with you Fergal, there's no such thing as a stupid question, cause if you're asking then you don't know and should be asking.