1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens if you do three A+ exams?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dhughes, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

As the title says! in the new set up you have to do essentials then one of the others , in now doin the 602, but just out of interest is it possible then to do say the remote techinician exam? What happens then? or do you just get the one A+ certificate and then a pass in that subject which i guess wouldnt mean much by itself? is that a daft question? lol

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Doesn't seem daft to me. But I don't know the answer.

Perhaps send an email to CompTIA to ask?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

oooo ill do that now and report back once i hear back :D

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I emailed them when I first heard about the changes last year and you can do all 3 of the other exams if you want to :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You don't need to wait to hear back... I've got the answer right here. Taking multiple A+ exams doesn't get you more A+ certifications, but it does give you additional designations. Passing 220-601 plus:

220-602 gets you the IT Technician designation.
    220-603 gets you the Remote Support Technician designation.
    220-604 gets you the Depot Technician designation.

I don't know whether you get a separate paper certificate for each designation. I'd guess not, but I could be wrong.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Yeah but im wondering what you get to should youve done it if you do the third or four exam, ive mailed them asking :biggrin

7. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

CompTi ahave responsed ladies and gentleman,

Dear David,

Thank you for your email inquiry. The A+ certification requires two exams to become certified and here is the link to exam information –

http://certification.comptia.org/a/glancebox.aspx

The Essentials exam must be taken and then the second exam is your choice. If you choose to take more than one second exam, you will receive a certificate and ID card for each second exam you take. Your certification history will also reflect your taking more than one second exam.

If you have any questions, please e-mail us at questions@comptia.org or you can call our customer service department at 1-630-678-8300, option 5.

Thank you for your time and patience.

CompTIA
    Skills Development Customer Service Team
    630-678-8300 Press 5 (phone)
    FAX 630-268-9071
    (ap)

Mmmmm now i know im going to be busy as a lizard drinking but if i get through this Techinicans exam okay , im quite tempted to get some more A+ ones too, may as well as ive got the books already so should only be what £115ish more for another exam on the old cv, plus then you know yourself you can do it mmmmmmmmmmm lol

8. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Don't waste your time as it's still only 1 cert!

Do Network+ or MCDST

MCSDT is a 2 parter but you get MCP title after passing the first part. Should be a an extra cert quickly & cheaply.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  9. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Im already heading towards the mcse mate so i get your point :biggrin just got excited, my gosh im getting excited over qualifactions never thought the day would happen but its snuck apon me and is here, i do like learning lol

10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Also mate, if you get a voucher for exams, from places like preplogic, exams are quite abit cheaper. My Essentials and IT Tech were around 70-75 each.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yeah, probably best to move onto the Network + or MCDST after the A+. This will set you up for the MCSE. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  12. Peggsta

Peggsta Bit Poster

Good question mate.
    I thought about that myself and as said above it's not another cert so money maybe not well spent.

What i did think about though, is what will an employer see in the 3 different exams along with the essentials, ie- bench tech, remote support etc.
    - So if an employer is looking for the skills one of the 2nd exams focuses on and someone applying for a job has one of the other exams, will it make a difference?

Pevious A+ did not have the 3 paths to make that difference in focus, which (i read somewhere) is the reason the exam was changed to meet current requirements in the job market.

I myself would prefer to be in the network engineer role, but not having worked in the IT field yet, I would take any role initially to get my foot in the door, so to speak.

(currently on A+ Ess +602 course then N+)

Certifications: None yet
    WIP: A+ N+ CCNA