What are Catalyst 3560G Layer 2+ features?

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Septima77, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

I am looking at bidding at an auction for a couple of 3560G-24PS +4 SFP, switches and I need to know what Layer 2+ features are.

At cisco's site, when you search the term, after more than 15 pages with results and 90 minutes later I came to the conclusion that none explain the term.

Are these switches capable of L3 switching, or does that depend on the IOS image?

:blink

Certifications: CCNA CCNAS CCNAV
    WIP: CCVP
  2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Septima77,

Do you have a link or links to at least one of these auction listings or are you afraid that someone will try to outbid you? :p

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  3. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

4. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Sorry Mr. Lee,
    No links, there are no links, and yes I am afraid that I will be outbidded by someone eventually since the current bid price is too good to be true..... and then ..... it usually is.
    The starting bid price for the 3560G is less than the cost of a new SFP patch cable..... imagine that.

The auction is about the inventory of a bankrupt company and includes 4 pcs 3650G's, all 24 port, 1 with 2 sfp and 4 with 4 sfp and 61 pcs 7961 IP telephones with a large screen and head sets. Lots of laptops, PC's with double screens, office furniture, smart phones etc.

The recession/depression or whatever you want to call it has some nice aspects too for those who want to buy used Cisco equipment ( and resell it ).

5. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

Mr. Lee, Plse check your PM

6. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Layer 2+ features I would have thought that they mean VTP suport plus ISL and 802.1Q trunking.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+