Webtorials

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Nov 14, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Anybody ever heard of these guys?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Fairly interesting at first glance - how did you come across these guys ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I was reading an article in Network Magazine called VoIP security still a major issue by a guy named Steven Taylor. Taylor references Webtorials in his opinion piece and it turns out he's the editor/publisher there. I decided to take a peek. They are serious about you having to sign on the dotted line before they'll let you look at any of their stuff. Haven't had a chance to do anything in detail yet but I may download a paper from them and puruse it over the weekend, just to test them out.

4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

wow :!: Loads of white papers.

Me like white papers :D

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Flex=Shredder :cheeseyg

6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

:kar :rambo
    :offtopic

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jeez, I'm getting it from all sides tonight :argue
    :scatter

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

The one possible exception is that you have to give out an address and phone number. If they want to mail me stuff, I can either read it or toss it but I usually give out my cell number in these cases. The worst that's ever happened is some yahoo calls me and tries to sell me a certification package. I tell them I was just browsing and am not currently interested in buying. If that doesn't get rid of them, then there's always the "end" button. I downloaded some white papers and purused them. Interesting stuff. They also have free presentations for download. Something I'd have to use the City's bandwidth to pull in rather than my home POTS connection.

Of course there are places on the web where you can get white papers and not have to put out an address. If that puts you off, you can always lie and give them the address and number of someone you don't like... :evil:

9. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I spent a while yesterday downloading white papers and the amount of form filling.

Amazingly I got a letter this morning from one of the companies, that was quick :!:

I think it's worth it, some white papers are excellent and free.For my phone number, I just put a load of 1111's in.