Wazzuupp!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Techtonic, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Techtonic

Techtonic New Member

Just wanna say hi to all, just joined this marvellous Forum! :D

A lil bit about myself:

I am 21 yrs old, just finished a Degree course in "Business and IT" and now i am looking for a job lol. I am from UK.

As u have probably realised i am mainly interested in Networking and hardware side of IT (but also into software but not as much :P)

Since my course did not really focuse that much on Networking i feel that i still have alot to learn to be able to be a network admin so i thought i should start doing a MCSA or sumthing at home. I can do it even if i do manage to get a job : :wink:

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, Techtonic. How much do you know about networking at this point? Do you have any sort of test lab at home? What areas of networking do you think you need to learn more about? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome aboard Techtonic, glad you could make it and hope you stick around. I'm sute you'll find the other here more than happy to help you on your persuit for the MCSA.

:D
    SimonV

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Welcome Techtonic (I prefer Gin and Tonic myself). there are a few threads in the General Microsoft forum about traing providers that may help you.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome :!:

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Techtonic - good to have you here - welcome :thumbleft

I know it says I'm a Moderator under my name, but I'm d*amn sure I aint messin' with THAT avatar :!: :evil:

You've chosen a good place to learn - the networking knowledge in here should answer any questions you may have in the meantime. And, heh- we even have a laugh, too ... (usually at MY expense, tho ' :oops: )

But hey, thats why they keep me ......

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Techtonic

Welcome 2 our bit of the datasphere! Love the AV

8. Techtonic

Techtonic New Member

Heh, thx for the warm welcome all your too kind :)

@tripwire45 - Well i've studied the general things about networking in college as well as in Uni. I've actually done the first semester of CCNA (i believe there are 4 semesters in all right?) Also did a unit of MCSA i think for free in my old college. I've not got much hands-on experience though but i intend to set up a 2 PCs and network them 8)

As for the AV, yeah she's sumthin ain't she (i assume any gamers should know who she is :P) she's got the gear :lol:

9. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hey Techno,

Belated hi! Hope that you are finding your way around ok and that the guys are not picking on you too much, just yet anyhow.

Enjoy the site and look forward to speaking to you later! :D

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor