1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volunteer Letter

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Print Screen, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Print Screen

Print Screen New Member

Well its been a while since I posted as I usually just read posts. But I have finally got my CCNA and so am starting to look for a job while I finish my other certificates.

I have no commercial experience so I was going to apply for voluntary positions. I have no idea of what to write in a volunteer letter as I have only written cover letters before. :rolleyes:
    I have taken some ideas from this forum in writing the letter and I would appreciate if you could you comment on the letter and tell me what you think should be altered.:biggrin

View attachment volunteer.doc

Certifications: CCNA, ECDL, PCM
    WIP: A+ MCSE
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ditch the second paragraph mate, its far too negative!

On a whole it reads well but perhaps shorten it?:blink

Congrats on the CCNA! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Agree with Sparky there, but the 3rd paragraph is also negative and needs to be bigged up mate.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This bit maka no sense. You might want to consider re-wording it.

Also be proud and stick that CCNA in your forum profile 8)

Oh and good luck with your search for volunteer work. Good stuff!!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Print Screen

Print Screen New Member

Ok thanks for the input guys. The letter has been modified and will be sent out this week with my CV

Certifications: CCNA, ECDL, PCM
    WIP: A+ MCSE
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I did a little voluntary work years ago but was lucky to get a job 2 weeks afterwards. I rang up some local centres to offer my services and they invited me down to see what I could do. So my point is that maybe giving them a ring first would get the ball rolling for you.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011