VMware Virtualization Forum 2008

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by RickUK, Sep 7, 2008.

1. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Hi - I have registered for this conference for free. It's in London on 25 September, the day after I take my 70-271. I downloaded VMWare to help learn Windows XP Professional. Apart from that, I know nothing about virtualisation at all.

Would it still be worth my while to go and learn a few tricks?

Perhaps other people are going and would like to meet up? Here's a URL for more information:
    http://info.vmware.com/content/EMEA_VForum08_Home

Regards
    Rick

WIP: 70-271
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I don't see why it wouldn't be useful - I for one have picked something new up from pretty much all of the IT related conferences I've been to.

I doubt it will be of much use for your MCDST though if you've studied everything thoroughly.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Virtualization is the future of corporate IT, pick up whatever you can however you can :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Thanks for the replies. To the first reply (sorry I am still bad on names), I don't see this as having any relevance to MCDST, but useful to navigating a course for a future IT career.

It's always nice to take a trip to London. I lived and worked there for years and frankly wish I was still there! No offence to Yeovil of course..

R

5. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Latest news:
    I have somewhere to stay in London on Wednesday night so I will be able to get there for the start.
    Also, I have the schedule. I feel rather reticent. I think they are really looking to sell the VMWare products to corporate IT guys. I know next to nothing about VMWare apart from downloading it once and using it to install Windows XP on part of my hard drive. I fear having to say to IT bigwigs at lunch "I'm here because I'm unemployed and want to get into IT and I had nothing to do today so I thought I would learn more about visualisation".

I'm attaching the schedule.

Regards
    Rick

Attached Files: