VMWare certification?

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by no1youknowz, Oct 5, 2007.

1. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Bit Poster

Anyone here doing VCP courses?

If so, which ones? :biggrin

WIP: Too many to mention
  2. Donmac

Donmac Bit Poster

Hi no1youknowz

To take the VCP Exam you must study at a certified training centre, which will set you back about £2800 for a 5 day course (Doesn't include VAT and Exam fee)

VMWare is a great product, I have just installed it as part of a High Availability project at my office. Also great for testing trial software and building test environments.

I read on a few job websites recently that the VCP cert will get you a great pay rise but I think it is still a cutting edge cert.

Regards
    Donmac

Certifications: a few
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Ex2k7, Win2k8
  3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Is there more than one VM cert?

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  4. GeorgeZip

GeorgeZip Bit Poster

Hey Luddy, at the moment there's only one certification that being VMware Infrastructure 3.

5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Thanks for that george.

We have recently undergone a VM rollout, so I need to know how to use it. Trying to get my head round it until feb, when im going on a course that if i pass the exam at the end of it, then i become a VCP.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

There are actually two different courses you can go on now, both end at the same point though

there is one Exam (VCP-310 at the moment I think) but either of two courses satisfies the 'attended a classroom course pre req)

those are
    VMWare Infrastructure 3, Install and Configure: great for people new to VMWare, gives you the basics, gets you out of the door able to get a system up and running and basic troubleshooting

the more advanced course
    VMWare Infrastructure 3, Deploy, Secure and Analyze: much more high end course, a lot more detail in the high end operation of a virtual infrastructure as well as advanced topics, this won't however cover the basics listed in the above course, which will still come up on the exam, so you will need to know those
    a lot of the content on this course wont be in the exam (there is only one exam after all)

VMware have announced that they will be expanding there certification line to include the VMWare Certified Architect certification which is apparantly going to be VERY hard

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. GeorgeZip

GeorgeZip Bit Poster

I did the Fast Track course the other week which is basically the Install & Configure 4 day course in 2 days and the Design, Secure & Analyze course in the next 2.5 days.. I'm glad I did as either of those courses for their individual 4 days would have been a waste of time, 2 longer days for them seems to make much more sense.