VMWARE Certification Preparation Pre-Requisites

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by menonsan, Jul 14, 2009.

1. menonsan

menonsan New Member

Hi Team

Am working in the field of IT as a desktop engineer and would like to elevate my position to system administrator. Hence am keen on taking VCP exams.

I have completed Sun Solaris 10 training and am scheduled to give my papers. Also i have 2 books on VMWARE advance and intermediate guides

VMware ESX Server: Advanced Technical Design Guide (Advanced Technical Design Guide series)
    VMware Infrastructure 3: Advanced Technical Design Guide and Advanced Operations Guide

Am not financially sound hence cannot pay for the training as it's very expensive. Hence can you kindly advice me on any materials that i can download and learn to clear VCP. I have VMWARE installed at my place.Would be great if some one can advice me so that it can help me clear the exams and earn a better living. Appreciate all the assistance.

Regards
    Sandeep

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You have to take the official VMWare course:

See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. Doublewindsor

Doublewindsor New Member

I am certified VCP VI3 and VCP vSphere 4. Which version are you studying? Let me know which version and I'll give you all the info you need to pass the exam.

As mentioned in a previous post you do have to attend a course to be able to gain the cert which is about 2k.

Certifications: MCSA,MCSE,VCP3,VCP4,ITIL Foundation v3
  5. bobbysuzu

bobbysuzu Banned

No Spam please - Sparky

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Yes, you need to take the course in order to pass the VI3 exam, the VI3 exam is actually being retired in march so unless you know it inside out already you'll be hard pushed to clear it by then. As always tech exams are only there to prove you know about what you are already working with.

Also stay far far far away from braindumps for course material you will find no better reference than the vmware website.you will need to download and study the vi3 maximums sheet and know about limitations of other vmware products too.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. frankcastle

frankcastle Bit Poster

Try getting an experience for it. you will get lot of stuff from the internet , look for video tutorials and i hope they are very helpful.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I've think they might have managed to get by this, given that it's a thread from 2009...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I really can't work out if this is a bot or not (talking about Frank, not Fergal obviously).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA