Vista's Four Tier's for the User Interface.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by simongrahamuk, Sep 23, 2006.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Vista's Four Tier's for the User Interface.

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20060919/vista-choose-own-adventure-ui/

Personaly I like Classic! :biggrin

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

personally, i quite like aero glass. or perhaps vista basic. i like curves, and classic is just too blocky for my liking.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

Oh my, I think its Aero Glass for me,

Very nice looking.

Too bad its such a resource hog :(

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You can have gui's in Linux that are the equivalent of Aero in Linux without them being resource hogs. Linux uses XGL to acheive the same effect without using all the resources. I run Debian which lags in the "pretty things" department somewhat but I have transparency out of the box on my desktop and I'm running graphics hardware that is probably at least 4 years old. I'm running a Radeon 7000 with 64 megs of ram on a Chaintech board. It's definitely not cutting edge hardware, yet if I were to put the effort into building all the packages from source and reconfiguring all my video settings I could have all the aero effects on this computer without bogging it down. I just don't consider bells and whistles to be a big deal.

This is all pretty much available with a small amount of effort in Ubuntu. There are several Ubuntu tutorials on setting up the Aero effects with XGL, and they have been in place for around 6 months or so.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

lol, yep i know, thats how my gentoo box looks ;)

6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Didn't realize that you are a long time Linux user.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  7. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

Ye I started with SuSE back on version 7 and followed that distro all the way but now I use mostly Gentoo and Ubuntu.

I love Gentoo for how customisable it is, but its easy to customise.

And I love Ubuntu because of its "out of the box" workability (is that a word?)

Never really used Debian (apart from ubuntu which derives from it)

8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I like the Aero version, if anyone wants the classic version there's always Windows 2000 that's not resource hungry :D Anyway it gives me an excuse to upgrade my hardware :biggrin

But from a Business point of view, another headache :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security