Vista licensing restrictions

Discussion in 'Software' started by ffreeloader, Oct 15, 2006.

1. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

You think the M$ fanboys need the Linux faction to tell them what's up? Please, these guys are 100% Windows peeps and have been going over the EULA for years. Same old nonsense -- M$ could do 99% right (hypothetical, obviously), and the haters will rail on the 1% wrong. Human nature.

M$ definition of Processor = 1 physical device (socket), regardless of cores. Vista could then run dual quad cores. I think that's a good decision, particularly for home users, but no props here? *crickets*

How many people buying Home are gonna even care about running in a VM??? Ryan's right about the other editions, since they probably do care about virtualization.

Why doesn't anyone rant about other companies? You'd think M$ is the *only* company with issues like this. How about the licensing for Oracle? Each additional core x .75 list price (40k) = :eek: It could be worse...

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, I was going to just let this go without comment, but finally decided not to.

I guess, fortch, you'll have to show me all the discussion that was happening on this site previous to my posting on what was inside the Vista EULA. Either no one was aware of it, understood what the language change meant, or no MS users cared that the Vista EULA language had become much more restrictive.

Funny how some of the biggest MS fanboys on the site admitted that MS had made a change that would have really affected them negatively after I brought up the subject, and through all the uproar all across the internet MS finally slightly relaxed their new restrictions....

Yeah, the MS fan boys really pay close attention....

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1