1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated CV Thanks to CF

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by beaumontdvd, Mar 2, 2010.

1. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi everyone, I've made them changes to the CV and just want to thank everyone for the great help, I have uploaded it again just incase anyone can find any small changes that need doing before it goes off to potential employers.

Yes now its in .doc :twisted: LOL
    Thanks I appreciate the help,

Dave

Attached Files:

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Get rid of the ridiculous font changes for your name.

First section is sloppy and hard to read. Get a personal statement FIRST AND FOREMOST, a short snappy statement, next should be your skills in bullets if possible. I want to know what you can do without trawling through nonsense and hobbies. So get a nice list of skills after your personal statement so I can open your cv and immediately see what you know mate. :)

Change this shamble;

For something as simple as this

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the help mate, I've done a few of them changes and it looks much better and easier to read. Are you suggesting I should have a personal statement then my skills in bulletts then my qualifications? or should I keep qualifications at the top? Thanks for your help mate.

Repped :biggrin

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Yep, in that order. I would have, Personal Statement, Key skills, Further education (MCSAm MCDST, MCSE etc etc) and then Education ( College etc) and then work experience)

Your welcome mate.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3