1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

undertaken course with scheidegger

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by tonandali, Aug 30, 2003.

1. tonandali

tonandali New Member

hi, just undertaken network+ course. But have heard bad Horror Stories about the company :evil: scheidegger :evil: who i signed up with. So i am going to cancel it!!!! can anyone point to a reputable company or college who have had excellent feedback. Any info greatfully received.

2. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Hi Tonandali

It all depends on how you want to study for the Network +. If you have any sort of IT background or prior knowledge you could probably study for it yourself at home, if you do I can recommend the Sybex Network + study guide (RRP £37.99). The exam fee for Network + is, I believe £146, so your total outlay that way is <£200. Your local Adult Education facility may also offer courses on this, one of my local colleges does the A+. Most of us here are on courses where the Network + is part of a bigger study syllabus (sp?).

You may also be able to find other suggestions on the Network + newsgroup alt.certification.network-plus.

HTH

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  3. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Hi Tonandali, welcome to CertForums.

Well never heard of scheidegger so cant comment, as for your Network+ I guess it all depends on your needs. Are you looking for a provider because you want the support, do you have the money or want to pay that little extra to get this? You could achieve Network+ status without the need to use a training provider but I guess that boils down to you as an individual and your learning needs.

Plenty of people gain certs without ever going through a training provider just by purchasing good study materials and setting out a good study plan. Think about the kind of materials and methods that suite you best then move from there. Take a look at this thread for a few ideas http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483

HTH, SimonV

:iluvcf

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. PhilUK27

PhilUK27 New Member

I have just signed up to do a NetPro A+/N+ CompTIA course with Scheidegger what back comment have u heard about them and does anyone know of any web site i can get addition info on these courses as i really want to pass them so any help would be much apretiated

5. GGGunit

GGGunit New Member

Hello,

get yourself some good books (Amazon got plenty of them), Study hard.... and save your money for a holiday afterwards.

these ''sois disant'' learning centers are a waste of time and space ...

my 50 cents.

6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Well said :iagree

7. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

If my employer hadnt paid for my course then that would have been my choice. :helpread

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...