1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Exam Prices

Discussion in 'A+' started by zom414, Oct 4, 2007.

1. zom414

zom414 Bit Poster

Can anyone tell me why Pearson Vue charge £130 for an exam and Prometric charge £111? I thought the exam fees were standard! Just asking cos I've had my Prometric one cancelled so I looked on the Pearson Vue site to see if they had a site near me on the same day. I need to do the test on the day I had planned as that's the only date I can fit in till Christmas.

Not that I'm too bothered about the price cos I can claim it back through a work education programme. Just would like to know what difference, if any, there is.
    Certifications: A+,N+,70-291,70-290,70-620,CCNA,MCSA
    WIP: Security+, Exchange, Active Dir
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

According to Microsoft's website:

However I read somewhere that the price difference is caused by the exchange rate and UK tax. I'm not sure there is such a big price difference though, maybe where the company is based affects the price?

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

"One changes VAT - the other doesn't" is the usual explaination. :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+