Udemy CompTIA Network+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jaron78, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

I know a few of us were chatting about Udemy after @SimonD put the link up about courses at a massive discount.

Just wondered if anyone (I know @Guvnor did and possibly @Juelz) got the above course and how they find it? I really like Meyers, he breaks things down and makes complex things really simple.

2. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

He is quite good I must say and summarises things nicely in his vids and after that you can go to the books and read a bit more and possibly expand on your notes. Right now I've just been skimming through the vids mostly .

Are you using Meyers book for the N+ or another book ?

I believe he is actually a good substitute for the books too (meaning maybe you can get away without books or less of the books). So far what I've watched he summarises it well and there's not much to add tbh, books goes into a lot of info and for the exam not really relevant. But the vids nail it. That's my opinion so far.

3. Jaron78

Using the Meyers N+ from Amazon, Messer, and Meyers on Udemy. I have also got another N+ Course on Udemy for £11.00 so will have a watch of those too.

I agree fully with what your saying. I love the way he breaks things down, and explains it in simple laymen's terms. I will probably watch the videos, then go back and watch them again whilst making notes. Hop over to Messer and use the Meyers book as a reference.

Guvnor likes this.
  4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Bit of a tip for you guys if you purchase the couse on mobile/tablet they are even cheaper than the sale prices the only catch is that they are none refundable. I seen a course for £15 in the sale on PC, as I knew I'd unlikely want a refund I went on my phone to make the purchase making the price £7.80, you can still view the course on PC afterwards also.

Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Jaron78

Nice one @Juelz, will check it out.

6. Ce127

Ce127 Nibble Poster

I'm curious why people pick paying for an individual course on udemy over say a rolling subscription to Pluralsight or the likes?

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  7. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

Pluralsight costs you 29$ a month, courses on Udemy which were on sale cost 11£ for a lifetime subscription for that course and its a one off payment.

So in sales sometimes you can pick up really good courses on the cheap, where as otherwise they'll cost you much much more. Some of these courses were on for a tenner and original price is about 150/200£

8. Jaron78

This.

I used Pluralsite before as the last company had a rolling subscription. It was good, don't get me wrong but I found the app to be slow, clunky sometimes it would just lose all the videos I had synched to my ipad so I would have to spend 20 Mins or so re-synching everything. I also found that the website would be crash after an hour or so of me watching videos.

I have found the Udemy App to be great so far. No problems streaming or actually downloading. The App does the job and the website is really good. As for the price, I have the CompTIA Network+ Mike Meyers which was £220 for £11.00, Learnsmart for £11.00 and a Linux+ Course for £11.

Udemy also isn't just for IT Courses which is pretty cool.