1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two different Prometric ID's

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Simonvm, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Hello

After taking my A+ exames wednesday, I noticed on the score report that it was registered under a different Prometric ID than the usual one.
    I suspect that's because I usually let Global Knowledge book the exam for me and provided them with my Prometric ID.
    The e-mail address I used then is now defunct (changed ISP's) so I had to register at prometric with my current gmail address to book the last exams.

I already found out that you can request Prometric to merge both accounts.
    However, should I wait to register at Comptia, to request the certificate, till this is done on the Prometric side, or does it not matter?

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I had a similar situation and I ended up with two comptia ID's but I just sent an email to Comptia asking them to merge the two accounts and they did it within about a week.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, I'm just a bit puzzled on what to do first.

Let Prometric merge the accounts before registering at Comptia with my test results, or register first and then let Prometric merge.

Edit: went ahead and registered at the Comptia site.
    I'll contact both Prometric and Comptia to sort it out

Edit 2: Comptia KB article on the issue: https://s5.parature.com/ics/support/security.asp?deptID=15074

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I had the same problem but I rang Prometric and they merged the accounts over the phone for me.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011