1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jul 8, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Ok some of you may have seen the film . I watched it last night and was wondering what other people thought of it

I liked the way the voices of the robots were very similar to when i used to watch them in carton form, but i thought the story could of been a lot better.

Anyone else have any views

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I have seen the trailer and the documentary, but not sure if I want to go see it at the cinema??

I think it's one of those films that is worth waiting to watch on DVD than splashing out £10 to go the cinema.

Special effects are amazing, Hmm not sure about the acting??8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hopefully I'll be watching it soon, I've been looking forward to this movie, I guess it takes me to my childhood - use to watch the Transformers back in the 80's :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I havent seen it yet, but I would love to go see it. Maybe next week.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

looks like a great movie, shame we have to wait till the 27th for the uk release :(

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

zx, by any chance did u get this on the fly? :p im waiting for our UK release, no way am I going to watch a "dodgy" copy. A film of this magnitude deserves full on cinematic experience, like Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, Die Hard 4.0. And lets not forget the new Harry Potter, Bourn 3, Simpsons Movie. Blimey its going to be a busy summer :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Oh yes, this summer is packed with wicked Movies
    i'm so glad I have my cinema card now, been a proud carrier for 7 bloody years :D

I saw a new Transformers trailer before Die Hard 4.0 on Saturday OMG I was about to pass out from the shear brilliance!

I'm now trying to work out if the car that the kid has is Bumblebee or Hot Rod
    its a sports car, but is yellow and black not orange.. go figure..
    :D

Or maybe they gave them all new names
    pfft

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Ok, what is a cinema card? and if its what I think it is, how do i get one :eek:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Well you have to be willing to travel a bit to the cinema, but if thats not a problem..
    you also need to sign up for a minimum of 12 months

www.cineworld.co.uk

10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yeah I remember seeing the new trailer...and just about crapped me pants from watching it! And its Bumblebee and the car is a Chevy, but i dont know the model of it.

Cant wait :biggrin

11. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I was too old for Transformers when it debuted on TV, so I have no compelling desire to see the movie. Would someone who didn't watch the TV series enjoy it?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I imagine there are many reasons to watch it even if you didn't see the TV series
    if you like live action movies

series or not, watching a movie where two robot armies batter the crap out of each other on your planet has got to be worth a looksie

13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

QFT 8)