Transcenders for 70-291

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Xenophon, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Xenophon

Xenophon Bit Poster

I have purchased these and I am currently using. I am taking the exam next thursday. There are 268 questions. The multiple choice ones have been updated to include WSUS rather than SUS. I am on 100 of 268. I will feed back some more just before and after the exam. Hopfully the info will be of use to some of you.
    :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, 70-210, 70-270, MCSA 2003
    WIP: CCNA or 70-293 (not sure yet)
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

thanks for that. it will be interesting to find out how well the trancsenders currently compare to what people are calling 'the beast'.

I know that they were good in the past, but are they still as good?8)

3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I get the impression you are just going through the questions one by one rather than using the preset exam option in Transcender. I'd recommend using the exam experience mode if I were you. If you go through too many questions before using that, it may not actually be worth it though as you will just get questions you have already answered.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Xenophon

Xenophon Bit Poster

Well the Transcenders website said there are 268 questions on this 70-291 package and you have the option to pick from 268 at the start of the exam. I am on question 111 of 268 and thusfar they have all been different. I will confirm at the end of this first run through.
    Can I also say that the customer service from Kaplan has been first rate so far. They have 24/7 online chat available. I had a question about installing the exams on other PC's they said you are allowed up to 3 concurrent installs. Also you can e-mail from a link in each question. I e-mailed about the WSUS simulation question as it still uses the SUS interface. They responded within a few hours with:

"If you understand the settings in the SUS windows, you will understand the settings in the WSUS window. They are very similar. We have not changed it for several reasons, including the fact that MS has not released a WSUS item of this type yet (so we don’t know what exactly to test on). Also, these items types are VERY expensive to create, so we want to wait and create the correct type of item (not just one that is a guess and will have to be re-created)."
    Robin Abernathy
    Product Developer
    Kaplan IT

Been impressed so far. :D

5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for sharing that's useful information on transcender and their product.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Depends on whether they kept the items I wrote for it or not. 8) :wink:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Not sure what 'item' they are referring to there, but WSUS has been out for a long long time now so if they still haven't gotten around to making questions on it, they should have!

As for SUS being 'very similar' to WSUS. I wonder if we are talking about the same things here. SUS was a complete pig and the interface was woeful. WSUS was a huge improvment and introduced loads of new features that didn't exist in SUS. The only thing similar about them is they achieve roughly the same effect.

Don't assume that if you know SUS, then you also know WSUS Xeno.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. Xenophon

Xenophon Bit Poster

Well I passed 70-291 today, but more on that in another thread.
    I have been too busy studying since Saturday to give an update but heres the full picture with the 70-291 transcenders. Well my picture anyway:
    268 questions. All different. (some are a bit similar though)
    6 Simulation questions. These are very good. Have exactly the same feel as the real exam.
    There are also over 500 flash quick answer questions. I didnt really use these (not enough time) but another handy learning tool I guess.
    Well I did 2 complete run throughs of all 268 questions with 2-3 run throughs after each of these to mop up the incorrectly answered questions. This is a good feature it basically enables you to just do the questions you got wrong.
    On my first run through i scored 70% On the second runthrough I score 92%. (Yesterday)
    Another cool feature is that its easy to print off or make a PDF of particular questions if you need to look at them elsewhere.
    They are expensive at £83 for 1 set of questions but than as a resit is going to cost you the same perhaps its a worthwhile investment.
    You still have to put the work in and just going through the questions may not be enough to pass, however I think I will probably use them again when I do my next exam.
    If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Dont think i will be adding anything else to the thread though apart from that.
    :rolleyes: