Training provider in London?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by chris101, Apr 24, 2012.

1. chris101

chris101 Bit Poster

I have just started some Train Signal self study but I am finding allot of distractions within my own environment and it would be definitely better for me to attend a evening or full time course to study Network+ or MCITP: Server Administrator.

My aim from the course is to learn about how to create, configure, manage and maintain a server from basics.

Can anyone please recommend any institutes that can provide full time or evening self study that are known for a good service?

Thanks

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Dude, I said to you yesterday that the MCITP SA wasn't the right course for you because of your current knowledge, if you want to waste that money then go right a head but as someone speaking from experience where these exams are coming from you really aren't ready for that exam.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. chris101

chris101 Bit Poster

Sorry m8, what is the right course to do then?

I have been told the compTIA courses will be far too basic for me as.
    Went through installing Server 2008 using - Train Signal Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator

So far the first 3 videos have gone fine and ive understood the concepts however as you are saying it is very difficult, what course would be right for me to learn how to setup servers and after learning the basics, become more advanced?

Thanks for your help

4. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Do you work in IT? If so, can they put you through a course?

If you don't work in IT and you want to learn the basics start with A+ N+, MTA or perhaps higher education/uni/college IT Courses and look for some some of part time IT work or first line/service desk/technician work.

You will learn how the real IT world works when you start working in IT.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  5. chris101

chris101 Bit Poster

I have been working in IT for the past 4 years however my first year was really an entry position where I just learnt on communication skills rather than technical skills.

However since then my I have had a consistent role in IT Desktop support, but we didn't really support a ride range of applications or hardware.

I am more than comfortable supporting a windows 7 machine, have server 2003/2008 experience from an admin point of view (administrating users on AD, Exchange and setting up/deploying GPO's).

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would suggest having a look at some virtualisation software (VMware Player for example) and just installing the OS to get to grips with it. Installing the OS is relatively easy, it's the configuring side of it that takes time getting used to.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA