1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training Advise

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Tim26792, May 5, 2009.

1. Tim26792

Tim26792 New Member

Hi All,

After much deliberation and listening to advise given on here I have decided to opt for the self study option as opposed to using Advent for their MCSE course.

My aim is to go for CompTIA+ first and then MCDST. I have purchased Mike Meyers All in One and am now half way through.

My question is what other purchases do I require for this route one concern I have is that all the material and exams are based on xp pro and my desktop has vista home edition. I do have a laptop with xp home edition on but do I need to get xp pro. I have aquired a really old desktop machine for me to play about with the internals but thats it.

Thanks

Tim

2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I would strongly recommend that you use XP Pro as the MCDST is geared up for both the home user, as well as the domain user.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip