Third/Second Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Toadeh, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

Hi All,

I have been offered a second interview (or 3rd, I had a phone one first). Its for a software development role. I have already done a technical assessment and this one is with the IT manager. anyone got any ideas as to what they are going to ask?

Cheers

mat

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

They may ask you to do another technical assessment, by giving you a small spec and you program it, and another interview to get to the nitty-gritty. At this stage they have gotten rid of the people that do not fit and this is the stage when they can't make up their minds as to who to choose.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

Well i thought that, and the guys who did the first interview have stated that there are no more technical questions to ask. So I dunno what they are gonna do.

Might be just team fit stuff.

4. Kitkatninja

Good luck mate, let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you are being offered a second/third interview, you're on the "short, short" list. If they say they have finished asking any technical questions, this might be the IT manager wanting to see how well you'll fit in with the rest of the team. Your technical skills are an important part of what any potential employer will want to know about you but it's just as important to know if you'll mesh with your future co-workers and the general work environment/philosophy.

Good luck on the interview. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

No idea how that went :) I answered everything but I can never tell. Its quite intimidating have 3 people interviewing you at the same time. It was more about how I fitted into the role where I am and how I provided input into where I am.

My only concern is that they will turn round and say that because I currently manage 2 people then I am not sure if they think that I am looking for that again. (I did try and make it known that I wasn't mind).

Should find out today.

7. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

Just heard back, Apparently, I was a fantastic interview but my current role has too much analysis work in it so I am not suited to be a developer there (even though I am already a developer here). So pritty gutted at the mo as I have to start all over again.

Ah well.

8. Kitkatninja

To bad... was analysis work where you wanted to go into? Or were you just looking forward to the software development side of things? Or did you just fancy a move?

-Ken

9. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

I was looking for the software development side so I dunno where it went wrong really. Took them 3 days to decide they didn't want me mind because apparently they were just not sure but eventually came to the conclusion that they should get someone else.

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sorry you didn't get this one but obviously, you were a serious contender. That means you have a lot to offer. Hang in there. It will happen.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear you didn't get it. Like tripwire45 said, you were a contender - took 3 days to decide not to go with you.
    Good luck...