Thinking of career change

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by benswip, Apr 14, 2009.

1. benswip

benswip Bit Poster

Hi, I am new here, I am going to take comptia a+ exam. Can anyone tell me what job I can find with that comptia a+ certificate. Many thanks!

Certifications: Comptia A+, Network+
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well the A+ is an entry level certification, so it may help you get noticed for an entry level job.

Entry level jobs are typically working on 1st line help desks etc or possibly an assistant PC tech.

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. benswip

benswip Bit Poster

I saw a lot of job adverts about 1st line support which requires knowledge about active directory and microsoft exchange, but comptia a+ doesn't include any of those. Anyway, I am going to take a+ exams. Once I get a+ cert, are there any other requirements should I meet to secure myself an IT entry-level job?

Certifications: Comptia A+, Network+
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
  7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I guess that depends on where you were. If you were working 1st line for an "I.T" company, they may expect you to be able to close a good percentage of the calls leaving the 2nd line for all else and the 3rd liners for the real big problems, site visits and design etc.
    Try and gain experience wherever possible and make potential employers aware you are studing towards certification to help you stand out from the crowd.

Best of luck.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT