1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The price of vouchers - worth it much?

Discussion in 'A+' started by 1/4, Oct 28, 2010.

1. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Hi there folks

I am really enjoying the essentials component of A+ (220-701). I went to book my exam with Pearson VUE and off I went to fetch a voucher as I read that the full price is a rip off compared to the full fee.

I went to a couple of different voucher provider sites with mixed results.

Eventually I come to voucher provider X that says I can get a price on request. Semi annoying but ok whatever, fire off the email asking for a price, the next day I get a price back of £106 GBP. And that if I wish to pay then it will take about 2 business days for the code to be mailed to me.

The full price is £114.

Is this normal? To spend 3 working days messing about to save £8 or am i missing something here?

1/4

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Don't know about the vendor that you're considering buying the voucher from, but Gracetechsolutions are offering a combined voucher and study guide for £111. It'll take about 2 days to come thru, while I haven't used them others have.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Do you have any experience of the study guides? Are they any good?

4. camadi46

camadi46 Bit Poster

Hi there 1/4,
    I bought the a+ vouchers from gracetech a couple of days ago and I find the study materials very useful.They have very detailed info on the Essentials and Practical. I think it's useful to have study materials from different sources to cover all the objectives as good as possible.
    I also have the Mike Myers a+ book, the Exam Cram and Boson exam questions as well.

Certifications: A+, MCP
  5. vp

vp Bit Poster

The prices listed on Pearson Vue are exclusive of VAT, it actually works out £133 per exam if you book directly through them.

Gracetech vouchers are £111 inclusive of VAT each so youre saving £44 overall for the A+ (£22 saving per exam, 2 exams).

Ive used Gracetech for both my A+ and Network+ and recommend them. While it takes a couple days to get your code, thats quite a bit of money youre saving so its worth it.

Certifications: A+, N+, BSc CS
    WIP: MCDST
  6. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

I used Gracetech for my N+ voucher had the code in mins via email. :)

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You do not pay VAT with gracetech where as you do with pearsonvue. So your paying £114+VAT per exam so that'll be about £266 whereas if you pay gractech the price you see is the price you pay.

Their study guids are ok but I would use them in conjunction with other study material not on their own.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Ah the good old VAT thing.

That makes it a somewhat more decisive point.

Thanks for the information folks.