the elephant says hi.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by irrelevantelephant, May 4, 2004.

1. irrelevantelephant

irrelevantelephant New Member

i was looking for some info about i.t training when i stumbled across this site & thought it looked like a good source of info with a fresh feel.

hmm...having reread that it looks like i'm sucking up! ah well...

a bit about me: living in devon, graduate of medialabs arts @ plymouth uni - a sorta arty, techy multimedia combo. done a bit of web & print design for a couple of years (nothin fancy, just some internet/intranet stuff) and have recently moved into a more techy support role so im looking to build on my skills with some training. previous training incl a couple of local web design courses and a flash course with the IWA (international web masters assoc)

away from monitor/keyboard, you'll find me cycling, bodyboarding, supping on a guiness or few.

introductions are hard to do. i feel like im @ an AA meeting. hope that isn't too much/not enough info. ta.

:shades

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, Elephant (how about IE for short...not to be confused with Internet Explorer). Glad you made it here. We're kind of a mixed bunch of folks but generally friendly (just don't get your hands or feet to close to our mouths during feeding time). :wink: Once you get used to the place, it won't feel so awkward starting a thread. Hope you enjoy the place.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Hi, welcome aboard the good ship Certforums.On a vast voyage through the great Certification oceans.
    We'll pass through some rough see's, but we've got a heck of a crew and captain, so no fear matey.

I'm sure you'll make a 'relevant' contribution to this site
    oooh :!: :soz

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey Elephant - welcome to our Boards :D

You'll hopefully find loads of valuable info around these parts, and no shortage of folks to help answer your questions.

As the resident CertForums armadillo, I can assure you that as the Guys get to know you, you'll receive plenty "thick-skinned" animal references :roll:

Don't worry mate - they assure me it's meant in jest :wink:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the forums irrelevantelephant. Hope to see more of you soon around the site. :D

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I agree with trip IE - can't really be bothered to spell your handle - but that's nothing against you though.

Have a browse and post away, I'm sure someone somewhere will know the answer (or know a man who can (sorry that should say person :wink: ))

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi IE welcome to the forum. Echo the replies of the gang. Come to chat thursday night and see what really goes on around here.

Big opening for Rosy or Greebo here, but I'm not going to touch it. :lol:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hi IE

Welcome to our little corner, have fun and feel free to contribute!

:D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  9. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hey IE - welcome to the site! I notice no avatar yet - do you know how to get one or just not decided yet? (Hey Mr Admin, is there an elephant in there for our new friend?)

Hmmmm - beware IE - this place reeks of beer! :morebeer :cheers2 :alc - see! Hope you can stand the smell and stick around!

Nugget stop trying to get AJ in trouble - he realised the error of his ways! :twisted:

PS - are you aware that Mike Myers has agreed to do an email interview for the site - the deadline for the questions is tomorrow!!! See http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917 for more details and to post any questions that you may have!

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

:lol: @AJ

Rosy, I'm not trying to get AJ in trouble. He does that by himself.[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685