1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Day Before the Exam.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by VantageIsle, Aug 18, 2008.

1. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

What do you do?

How do play it?

I don't think I'll ever get used to exams, I enjoy the learning part but the few days before the exam...phef!! I guess I should get used to it, I have a few planned for the upcoming month/years.

It feels like I never picked up the book, surrounded by flashcards, barley readable notes in multiple colored pen on tatty notebooks and that damn monster textbook.

I just started to run through the practice tests yesterday but I'm sure my brain has remembered the right answer and therefore isn't working properly. same with the flashcards

Glad I took the day off though :D

Just wondering you guys do on the days leading up to an exam?
    Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I just do the same as any other day really, depending on the day.

Usually have a study session for similar amount of time than any other day, but usually a week before an exam I do any practice tests i have and see where im weak, and focus on that from then on.

Otherwise i try and have an early night, and avoid the pub at all costs
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Mine is probably not the best advice, but each to their own I suppose.

I usually do normal revision (say an hour a night on different subjects) on the weeks coming up to the exam date... then a couple of days before I cram... I cram like hell.

Maybe its just the way my brain works but information seems to stick far better like this than super heavy revision all the time.

My two cents. :)
    Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I usually just relax. Sometimes I'll review the night before, other times I don't. It really depends on how I feel about the coming exam. I know that cramming the day before never works well for me as I don't really improve my knowledge much.
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  5. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Practice tests... to get me in the right frame of mind, the Microsoft way of thinking, I find it helps me narrow the field. Transcender helps a lot with the explanations, teaches me specific rules I might of overlooked during reading. Or just reminds me of them.

I usually spend about 8 hours reviewing on the sunday before my Monday exam.
    Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  6. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

cheers for the info guys.

I think I'm in the last min cram group. I read the book, makes notes and flashcards and review the flashcards a few days before the exam.

I also resist the temptation to run through the practice exams until the days just before the exam otherwise I remember the answers when reviewing them and don't think next time I see the question.

Its hard to shake of pre exam nerves though :blink
    Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA