The big wide world of IT

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Justin Credible, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Justin Credible

Justin Credible New Member

:eek: Hi gus n gals, this is obviously my first post, but by the look of things, won't be my last I'm sure. Have been looking for a complete career change and have (after a little research) decided on the IT path. Have been reading the threads on the opinions of the ADVENT training courses (having recently been in contact with them myself) and have just been accepted for a Career Development Loan. If anyone has any useful advise or warnings that they feel would be beneficial it would be extremely appreciated. I come from sport & leaisure background but currently find myself working as a credit underwriter and am slightly scared about the prospect of adding another 5K of debt to my already 'guillotine-like' student + graduate loans. This site provides an overwhelming amount of information, some of which I have found fairly useful so far, some, I know I will definitely be referring back to, and the rest has just gone straight over my head. Now I've waffled on for long enough as an unknown with no useful information to pass on, so I'll say thanks to the people who read this and decide to reply.

Certifications: NONE
    WIP: MCSE
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! 8)

No point in me saying much else, all of the information that you are looking for can be found somewhere on this site! 8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi, welcome to CF. Don't put yourself down, everyone has some useful information about something.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome to CF. Good luck with your new choosen career.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT