The Beast is dead!

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by -Mercury-, Aug 11, 2011.

1. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Yay, after months upon months of study I've finally taken and passed 70-291. So now I have MCSA

Feels good to have that one out of the way. Time for a much needed beer or two tonight I reckon.

Anybody taking 70-291 I'd recommend the official Microsoft press book second edition, make sure you do all the lab work. Some CBTNuggets video are good to watch once your eyes are tired of reading and to reinforce the knowledge of the book.

Make sure you know WSUS version 3 and DNS inside-out.

Good luck all.

Mercury

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Major congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done fella!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Congrats :)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  5. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

Congrats Mate

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good going.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congrats - I'm just taking a break from reading about RRAS so it's nice to hear success stories about slaying it :D

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  11. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Thanks guys.

I found the RRAS chapter of the MSPress book the hardest to get through to be honest. That chapter stalled my study by a whole week before I decided to skip it and return at a later date. All that modem talk just made me totally disinterested and literally sent me to sleep! You're trying to read the book and you have a little micro-sleep, wake up and have to start the page at the beginning again! haha

The beast is very passable if you prepare well. It's good to have a little bit of fear of 70-291 to make you work for it but don't build it up in your head that it is more scary than it actually is, which is what I did. hehe

I scored 820 which I was happy with, I was happy just to have passed first time. Half of my sims at the beginning were the ones I didn't expect or the ones I wouldn't have chosen if given the choice. I worked through them though and they were fine. I think I will have just dropped points on one sim, the rest were straight forward enough and to be expected.

Good luck!

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  12. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I've read elsewhere that people find the modem section a pain in the butt as they haven't used it/set it up for years.

Reading the Sybex book, the IPSec section was a bugger - I was just getting over being ill at that point, so perhaps that was actually the issue!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293