The 702 and Office

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by The Zig, Oct 25, 2009.

1. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Just starting to look through the 702, and considering whether it's worth getting MS Office 2003 Pro. I learn better by doing (over reading endless lists of steps in the self-paced training book!)

I've always been more of an Open Office man. Open source, awesome and free is a tough combination to beat.

How do other people feel? Would/did you shell out on MS Office for this?
    Where's the best place to pick up this kind of older software? The amazon price is obscene!:blink

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  2. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

There as a post a while back that had a link to a trial- linky
    I could never got on with Open Office, I should give it another go :biggrin

3. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

In my opinion you don't actually need to use MS office to actually pass the exam as long as your using the MS book, you do need to know about the various ways to configure office apps/know what's found under which tab and what it does. All this can be gained from the MS Self paced books. Oh and that trail requires a key.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009