Thanks Joe!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Boycie, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Joe (Cisco Lab Rat) of commsupport.co.uk for a weeks worth of hour long Webinars packed full of clear, conciese tutorials.
    As someone who wants to brush up on his networking skills and ideally looking for career prospects in VOIP, I have to say how these webinars provide the huge benefits and "feel" of the classroom from the comfort of the living room!

Joes blend of humour, knowledge and "off the bat" training (opposed to the laborious slide shows I have knocked up in the past!) really makes learning fun and enables the student to ask something when unsure - try doing that on a CD!

I am pleased we have Joe onboard CF and that he made these resources available to our members. I have just arrived in work after the festive season and now itching to attend Joe's classesroom(hopefully London) after five sessions which I notice now come bundled with the classroom course to enjoy after arriving home.

I really need to knuckle down, get the foundations clear in my head, Joe to advise on the routers I need to program with (which are used throughout the webinars) and get to Joe's classroom before putting in for the exam!

If you want to brush up your networking skills, or perhaps aiming for CCNA/P certification then I would suggest surfing over to the commsupport website.
    Having worked for a "provider", I can confirm there are "sales providers" and "training providers". Sales providers are the ones that want your details and advertise jobs with high salaries- something we have seen time and time again on CF. Training providers business is to train people. That's it.

The fact that the commsupport site is packed of "real" information, testamonials and offers free webinars tells me this is a "training provider" and one I will be using for my future Cisco training.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

He always provides great advice on here, well done Joe!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Joe for El Presidente! Viva la Lab Rat :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Yep... brilliant advice and support, and webinars that are fun and informative. :)

5. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Couldn't agree more.
    I had this thought wondering in my mind for some time now. Thanks for bringing this up Boyce and big thank you to Joe for doing the webinars (hopefully one day my schedule will let me participate)

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I can only endorse what has been said and also the classroom training which is truly excellent.

Just a pity I have not been able to follow through (yet) and get the exam out of the way :oops:

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Alright lads, steady on, at this rate we'll have to get a room.

Joe

Yeaaaah Baby!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree