1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you everybody that helped me. Passed A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by Shizzle, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Shizzle

Shizzle Bit Poster

I would like to thank those that were here to help me with my trivial questions....ahem...micheal.

I passed it using more than one source so it helps to get several views on things rather than one alone. I could not have done it with Meyers' book alone and some of the other books i had were erroneous in parts but still helped. I still could not answer some of the questions i was asked and had never seen the info i needed anywhere so far so it pays to study hard and real the rewards.

To the poster who questioned learning all this "useless" stuff i say this:

It might be antiquated but the fundamentals of it all STILL APPLY today. I learned so much off of my sources and i had been using a computer for 15 or more years. I got back to the end of the 3.1 days and nearly forgot all the important stuff because systems really started going with a GUI and less on the "old" commands.

Now i get to add my little A+ at the bottom of my signature :) that will soon grow to many more.

thanks

2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! Well done. :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I was only one of many good people who helped. Glad to be of assistance. :) Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Congrizzle! :p

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  6. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

Well done for passing Mate. To to see that with in 24 hours of joining you are likethe 3rd person I have read that passed and it's good to see. Keep it up

Certifications: City & Guilds level PC repar 1 & 2
    WIP: Comptia A+
  7. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the Pass!!:morebeer

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  8. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

well done:respct

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  9. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

Well done Shizzle - great stuff.

You make a very good point there, I dont think I would have passed with the Meyers book alone either.

What are you planning next?

Certifications: C&G, A+
  10. Shizzle

Shizzle Bit Poster

I think the logical step - i would have never used that word in a million years were it not for the a+ -is to take the N+ now. As soon as i got home i found myself at the computer before i even unpacked all the way and checking out messers version of the N+. Sad git i am. I just have this thirst for knowledge now and have even stopped playing games. Games are the reason i got into computers so many years ago when i ran into the pixelated Laura Croft on the PS1. I thought to myself that the computer games had better graphics so go ahead and make the jump. My first computer was an 8088. Ouch. Moonbuggy, Loderunner, Frogger adn Dig-Dug only satisfy you for so long before you start thinking of faster machines. Then came a 386, 486dx2, Pentium, Celeron 333, P3 450, P3 1000, Athlon, Athlon XP, and now i have an Athlon 5600x2 with an ATI 4850. Times change.....

11. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! N+ is a good next step.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  12. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  13. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congrats on the pass man! I remember when I passed my first certfication which was the A+ as well, I was still in school. Studying for the exam made me do exceptional well in school and when I got my first job as desktop support tech. A+ always helps those who enter the IT field as techs, after all everyone usually starts at the bottom of the chain.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA