Test Scores?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by dcuk, Feb 21, 2006.

1. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Hi,

I Feel that I'm ready for the 270, but I've got a question which I would like answered before I book the exam.

Who exactly gets to know your test scores?. Would your future employers want to know your test score, or do they just care about the final credit (eg. MCSE). Also is there any way of them knowing you've failed an exam?, is there a centralised database at MS which catalogues this?

These questions may seem kind of trivial, but they will influence if I take the exam in a week or a couple of weeks to try to attain the highest score that I can.

thanks
    dc

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi dcuk,

Who gets to know your test score?

Anyone you want. Failed tests aren't shown in your area/transcript of the MCP site only the exams that you pass. Score marks aren't recorded either, only pass is shown. Pass or fails are shown in the VUE or prometric testing centres but only in your account, that's yours no-one elses. So you can get the highest or just scrape thru, the only way someone with know (i.e. an employer) is if you shown them your report that gets printed after the exam.

To my knowledge as long as you have those magic words, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, etc that's all the employers really care about (as well as the knowledge :D ), I have not met any employer who questions about what mark you got on the exam, and I have had a few interviews :biggrin

By the way, Microsoft exams are either marked pass or fail, there is no first, second, third like degrees.

Hope this calms your nerves alittle.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi dcuk!

As the old saying goes, a pass is a pass. If you pass, you have demonstrated that you have the level of knowledge necessary to attain the MCP. Simple as that, you do not get extra merit points for acing it.

What you should be focusing on is learning the material, so that you have the knowledge to use it in the real world. If you do this you will pass the exam.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, that really put my mind at rest.

I've been maintaining workstations as part of my job for about two years now though I definately learned a lot more than I "thought" that I knew through studying for the 270 and 290. Without the worry of trying to ace everything (900 plus like my brother!), it looks like its time to book those exams and get certified.

Thanks,
    dc