Test network loading on PC

Discussion in 'Networks' started by twizzle, Jun 16, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ok does anyone know of a dongle or software that will allow me to load a PC with braodcast traffic (simulated) to see if its the amount of traffic killing the OS?

We have a few platforms that fail onsite yet do not seem to fail back at the office. The main difference is that on site they are hooked up to networks with lots of broadcast traffic while in the office test area its only 2 or 3 pc worth. I need to simulate larger networks, so can this be done, how easy is it, and where can i get the stuff to do it?

(and yes i know i could try hooking up more machines, but thats not really that practical)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

i had something like that a while back, cant remember what it was called though

try googling for "packet flooder" or "network load tester" it was something along those lines.

the software i had allowed you to set a target ip, a port range and various other options like a time limit for the test, obviously you'd run that software from another pc

hope that helps

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662