1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telephone Sytems training ?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by billynw, Mar 22, 2013.

1. billynw

billynw Bit Poster

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to know if anyone could help me out with this one.

I work for an IT company doing 1st & 2nd line support and I also do a lot of network installation (copper & fibre).

Anyway a lot of the clients that my company look after are always asking us if we can re-programme or install telephone systems.
    The majority of these clients have BT Versatility, NEC & Panasonic phone systems.

Can anyone recommend of any training companies that could provide training on these types of phones systems or even a good intro in telephone systems.

I did think about progressing to the CISCO CCNA Voice, as I passed my CCNA last year.
    But we don’t have any clients with CISCO phone systems so I dont think it would be very beneficial.

So if anyone from a telephone back ground could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Certifications: CISCO CCNA, CompTIA A+,N+. Windows 7 70-680,city and guilds 3666 copper & Fibre
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Try seeing if the various vendors have a learning portal, eg Avaya's learning portal is here. Apart from that training companies like Global Knowledge does a few.

Sorry only know about Avaya related training as that is what we have.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

What systems are your clients running?

I take it you want to understand PBX systems, like you alot of my clients do not use a Cisco CME solution or similar I find alot of clients on Asterix or Alactel or as wangner said Avaya and Mitel are popular deployments.

That being said I dont do much in the way of VoIP. The Asterix PBX we run internally has a nice GUI :) simple enough for even me to figure out.

Take a look at the admin guides for the vendor your interested in, or an installation guide from the phone vendor. They are usually in depth and go right through a setup.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  4. billynw

billynw Bit Poster

Thanks for your help here guys.

Yea im looking to learn about PBX systems. How they work how to add phones to them etc.

Will dig out a few manuals off the net and have a good read.

Thanks again

Certifications: CISCO CCNA, CompTIA A+,N+. Windows 7 70-680,city and guilds 3666 copper & Fibre
  5. billynw

billynw Bit Poster

I found a really good video on You tube from Eli the computer guy about phone systems, that has helped quite alot.