1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Table issue

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by twizzle, Jul 22, 2009.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ok i've been tasked with modifying existing code to produce a new submit form. Its all done ina table layout.
    All seemed to be going well untill i came to teh address field. This needs to be 4 lines for people to fill in yet when i try and do that it just looks wrong. So i set it as a text area, however when its liek this i have teh Address heading rowspanning 4 and that seems to upset the rest of teh table layout. Anyone help?

code :-

<table cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 border=4 bordercolor=red id="Registration_form">

<tr><th>Full Name &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="name" size="40" ></td></tr>

<tr><th>Position &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="position" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>Company &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="company" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th valign=top rowspan=4>Address &nbsp;</th><td rowspan=4><textarea name="address" cols=40 rows=4></textarea></td></tr>

<tr><th>Postcode &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="postcode" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>Telephone Number &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="telephone" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>E-mail Address &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="email" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>Registration Number &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="regno" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>Instrument Models &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="instmod" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>Date of Purchase &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="date" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th>Place of Purchse &nbsp;</th><td><input type="text" name="purchase" size="40"></td></tr>

<tr><th><input name="subject" type="hidden" value="MTS Software Registration" /></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2 style="text-align:right;"><br><input type="submit" value="send registration"></td></tr>

</table>

The offending code is in RED. It shifts Postcode and all beneth it to another column instead of keeping 2 columns to the table.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ok seem to have fixed it.. i added 3 lines or <tr></tr> and that seems to have corrected the formatting.

Still open to other ideas though.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,