Sysprep

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Gogs, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Gogs

Gogs Bit Poster

Hi all,

Trying to get my head round Audit Mode in Win7's Sysprep. Basically I'm really trying to grasp what it's real use is. The books mention it's use for OEM and resellers etc when installing additional apps and allows them to test and reboot without constantly getting the welcome screen so I understand that. But before they ship they would have to run Sysprep as OOBE before shipping so why don't they just do a clean install of the OS, install the apps, test then run Sysprep to create an OOBE verson?

I know this may not be necessary to know for the exam but I'd love to know.

Cheers

Gogs

Certifications: in Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Server Administrator (646) , Security+
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721940(WS.10).aspx

The answer to your question seems to be this
    "If you install Windows images by using the sysprep /generalize /oobe command, be aware that the user experience will not be ideal. On the next reboot after running sysprep /generalize /oobe, Windows will run the specialize pass, Plug and Play, and other Setup tasks before launching Windows Welcome. This process can take additional time and can delay a customer's first logon."

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. Gogs

Gogs Bit Poster

Thanks for the additional info. I think the link you provided reinforced the answer :D

Certifications: in Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Server Administrator (646) , Security+