Study groups for 70-536?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by jsnorth, Jan 12, 2010.

1. jsnorth

jsnorth Bit Poster

Hi,

Some people that I work with are thinking about doing 70-536 and are talking about a way of studying together.

The idea is to review chapters from the study book with questions so its about 1 to 2 hours a week - writing coding examples would be done separately.

Will this work? Has anyone tried this?

The only problem I see is that the group will use questions based on the book, and these are not the same type of question as those in the exam (so I read on the forum).

If we buy questions, then there is nothing for individuals to try by themselves. So perhaps we need to buy 2 sets of questions from different test groups.

All advice gratefully received.

Jason

Certifications: BEng, ISEB SD Dip, TOGAF 8.1.1
    WIP: MCTS, CCDA, ISEB BA Dip
  2. hopalex

hopalex New Member

or are there any tutorial sites to teach you from scratch? like a beginners guide?

alex

3. hopalex

hopalex New Member

ive seen some like programmersheaven etc. are we allowed to post those to help others. it has a book you can download its a "21 days to c# type of book"

4. mister_T

mister_T New Member

yeah im into that

5. mister_T

mister_T New Member

Hi all, Im looking fior a study buddy in programming that I can email etc and keep in touch with-feel free to send me a message

6. hughveal

hughveal New Member

I had this same idea, but I just started a new job and don't really know anyone here. I put an ad on Craiglist looking for a study buddy or group of people today and awaiting reposnses from people. Let me know how your group comes along.

WIP: MCAD
  7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Hugh, MCAD is no longer achievable as the core exams have been withdrawn.
    For those yet to take the 70-536 for NET 2 or 3.5 tracks I'd look at the newer .NET 4 track which means starting with exam 70-511 or 70-515.

Hopalex, these certifications aren't designed for beginners, so I'd look elsewhere for beginners resources on programming. MS press do Step By Step titles, and many other computer book publishers categorise their books as beginners / intermediate / advanced etc.