1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

structured cabling - C&G 3666 Part 1 & 4

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by billynw, Dec 26, 2008.

1. billynw

billynw Bit Poster

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if any of you guys have done any training \ courses on structured cabling?

Right a bit about myself.

I'm an electrician by trade, Have done a HNC in PC technology, and done various aerial & satellite courses.

I work in the A\V industry installing TV's, online gambling machines and that sort of good stuff in bookies across the UK.

We use CAT 5 cable quite a bit in work for distributing video images, connecting the online machines up and for other devices in this industry.

To be blunt I know how to put a RJ45 connector on & connect a CAT 5 module and that’s about it.
    So I would like learn a lot about this sort cabling and have been looking into the City & guilds 3666 part 1 & 4 course.
    In the future I would like to get in to in more detail A\V over CAT 5 & then IPTV.

So if anyone on here could give my some info or advice on these sort of course & training center’s across the UK I would be very great full.

Many thanks & hope you all have had a great Xmas.

Billy

Certifications: CISCO CCNA, CompTIA A+,N+. Windows 7 70-680,city and guilds 3666 copper & Fibre
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I've done the Network+ and online research, coupled with on the job experience and using tools like the Validator to validate my work.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Did my Cat 5 ISO standard training with these people and the course was run over a day at a local electrical wholesaler (worth enquiring with whoever you use).

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)