1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started studying 70-271...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by GiddyG, Apr 12, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I couldn't stand it!

So, I have dusted off the Bill Ferguson Sybex book, and started reading.

It's an easy read, helped I assume by the fact that I have been using XP for years.

I reckon I should be ready to take 271 by the end of April/early May.

Will let you know how I get on... :biggrin
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

It is an easy read - I also used Exam Cram 2 and MS Press book for this one. I found that while the sybex book had a good structure (which definitely helped) the MS Press book added a lot of flesh onto the bones. Exam Cram 2 less so.

Good luck though and keep us updated
    Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have those book also, although I haven't started reading them yet. I am still going through advanced parts of XP although I have used XP everyday in my job I have never used it in an advanced way and since I have only had a pc for a year (not had one for 10 years) I am still getting used to it.

Good luck with it.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Cheers guys... I will let you know how I get on... enjoying getting back into the thick of things, in a masochistic sort of way... :D