1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Startbar question....

Discussion in 'A+' started by steveh2001, Aug 27, 2006.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hey guys - one thing i found today which annoyed me, is a MM question which states - where is the control pannel.

Now 2 of the options are:

start - settings - control pannel
    and
    start - control pannel

I use the classic start menu, so option 1 is the correct answer for me, but the answer they gave was windows XP doesnt have a settings menu! and that annoyed me because it does technically:D

Anyhow - advise from those who have done the OS exam, is it best to assume that when these questions come up - they are always talking about the non classic view?

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

Even tho I use Windows XP in the new way, I still would have said "start -> settings -> Control Panel"

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Out of the box XP doesn't use 'classic' - you have to set that.

I took the view in the A+ exam that I needed to give the 'default' answers.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Yes unfortunatly its the Mircosoft way or the wrong way, both ways are correct I agree on that, but unfortunatly when you install windows XP the default is the new start menu which in this case would be start -> control panel.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Thanks for the advice guys - ill try and stick to the "default" ways of microsoft. Hopefully comptia would edit their exams to think about things like this!!

Back to revising :D

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?