Some advice on my CV please

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mynameismax, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mynameismax

mynameismax New Member

Hi,
    right I've re-written my CV what feels like a hundred times and here's the best I've come up with. I wondered if anyone could give me any feedback. I'm desperately looking for an entry level IT job and at the moment i'll take anything (within reason) that'll give me the experience I need. I've sent off a CV to a few places with no replies yet, which is kinda getting me down. Any advice would be super appreciated, particularly on the bit about my failed attempt at a university degree (for reasons beyond my control of course).

Thank youu :biggrin

Max

Attached Files:

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Maybe beef out your achievments, not sure about any explanation of having to leave uni though. Otherwise it looks quite readable to me.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not bad mate.

Ditch the part about leaving uni and expand on "General maintenance of office PCs and network"

What OS? Any AV products? Printers? Is there a wireless network? This is all IT stuff that should be on your CV. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Also, the bit that says A dynamic, highly ambitious perfectionist

I would change this to something along the lines of

Dynamic, highly ambitious, with an attention to detail, or something along those lines

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Looks alright to me apart from the things already mentioned, but what would I know!

My CV consists the word "GOD!!" in big bold letters in the centre of an A4 piece of paper, and that's all i've ever needed :biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

JUST CHECK OUT THIS SITE. http://www.jobchangesecrets.com THEY ACTUALLY GIVE NICE GUIDELINES ON HOW TO ARRANGE CV... HOPE IT HELPS

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)